The weekend’s big one is without a doubt the Standard Chartered Bangkok Marathon. Last year, the route had to be adjusted due to the unrest in the city at the time. The race course is back to normal this year, making it a bit more exciting compared to 2013 (unless straight highways in the dark turns you on).
K. Rangsarn from Bangkok Runners put together some stats after Bkk Marathon 2013, which are worth having a look at again.
- 1904 people were signed up for the full marathon, 1899 completed it.
- 233 female (12%), and 1666 male (87%)
- Fastest time: 2:30:27 (avg. pace 3:34/km)
- Average time: 5:02:00 (avg. pace 7:18/km)
- Slowest time: are: 7:22:10 (avg. pace 10:30/km)
- 47 countries were represented in the marathon. Most participants from Thailand (1460), Japan (172), Singapore (37), China (24), Great Britain (23)